Friday, November 04, 2005

Stop me before I hit the pay per view!

Okay, pretty typical week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday = work, work, work. Thrusday = got fired. Huh? Wait, rewind? Yeah, got fired. Came home at noon a big ol' snot ball, with scary prom queen mascara running down my face and DAMMIT, did I just get fired or what? Uh, yeah. I so did. So back to it being noon yesterday. I walk in the door and have a total Cordelia moment "Excuse Me, I have to call EVERYONE I have EVER MET Right Now!!!" Called my friends and other persons, cried, shock shock shock. *Ding!* Idea Light! Let's have a cocktail! Absolut + Cranberry Juice = the cure for crying. Yay! Now I'm totally unemployed AND I've got a buzz!

Anyway. Thought I might ride the unemployment tide while Georgie Boy still lets people HAVE unemployment. Then I can do something I've always excelled at, which is Lounging. I have a fucking GOLD medal in Lounging. How do you think I keep up with so many TV shows? Now I will have to add daytime TV to my retinue. Although I'm hoping I can just catch Reruns of Quantum Leap instead of having to resort to watching Passions. EEK!

10 comments:

SlimAdam said...

buzzed? no job to worry about? look at it as a blessing. until you have to pay for something. then i'd get a job.

SlimAdam said...

didn't see your comment on quantum leap before- awesome. i loved that show. sci-fi should show it more often.

Ms. Adventures said...

I loved Quantum Leap too, PASSIONS SUCKS!! YIKES!

I was lucky enough to get a phone call, I feel privlieged.

So sorry for your lack of job. You're welcome to stop by anytime and help me stain my deck..... or not. Whatever you're comfortable with :) Just jokin.

Crystal said...

I loved Quantum Leap!

Bee said...

Bacula is a god in my country.

B.O.B.I. said...

Something interesting I noticed when my roomie, Slimadam, told me about your blog... All three of us (Danius Maximus, Slimmy, and I) meet your criteria except for age.

Revenge of the Nerds just really isn't quotable, is it? I don't know why... I'll have to go watch it again.

As for getting fired... that sucks. I'll raise a glass to your lounging! I, too, am a born lounger. Cheers.

B.O.B.I. said...

True, we're out of state, but take a page from Sleep Goblin's and Barbara's book: visit! I know Slimmy's been single for a while now and I'm relatively sure he's good company.

If you're lucky, I'll even introduce myself to you! (More apologies to Barbara :P)

SlimAdam said...

bobi stop trying to fix me up! but thank you for the gesture.

Bee said...

Ya'll chill!

I've added all 3 of you to my Blog links.

SlimAdam said...

i'm touched. what is this salty discharge from my eyes? am i crying? omg, i DO have a heart! so there world!