Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter Storm Warning

There has been a lot of Buzz about the winter storm hitting Minnesota this weekend, we even cancelled going up to Two Harbors (damn it) for fear of being stuck in snow, freezing rain & 50 mph winds in the no-man's land between Duluth and the Twin Cities. So when I woke up at 3:00 a.m., I checked out the window to see if it was snowing. It had, in fact, already snowed...maybe a half inch. When I got back up at 7:00, it had not snowed any more than that. However, judging from the dark, swollen look of the sky, It looks as though we are about to be Fucked by Snow. All I could think was "I wish I'd stocked up on Chicken Wings."
What? I just woke up.

I wonder how Sleep Goblin and D.S. are faring, and if Wisconsin has in fact been Fucked by Snow yet.


So we may be staying in today...not that Brian could go anywhere since he sprained his ankle and is still kind of limpy. I'd like to pile up on the couch with Chicken Wings (damn it), Dr. Pepper, and a pile of movies...starting with Cleopatra, not because it's a good movie because really? It's not. No, I think my desire to see this movie stems directly from the fact that I'm still watching Rome on HBO. Also, I always thought Rex Harrison was totally Hot as Ceaser. What? Shut Up.


Ahh, Liz.


This is a much earlier version starring the Vivien Leigh. Has anyone out there seen this one? I'd like to watch it but I'd like a little feedback first.


Second in line for my fantasy viewing party would have to be Cry Baby aka an awesome movie/musical and the first movie I ever thought Johnny Depp was hot in. Yeow. By that time, Brian may have thrown himself off the roof. The only musicals he likes are Wicked and Grease. I managed to get him to sit through The Sound of Music with me...and I think he'd probably rather die that watch South Pacific or Guys and Dolls. His loss!


Three great reasons to watch this movie...Ricki Lake, Johnny Depp (the Winona Years) and Tracy Lords, yes that Tracy Lords.


Buy Me this Shirt!!!

Rounding it off owuld have to be How to Marry a Millionaire. Because I have a sincere appreciation for beauty, and this movie is packed with the 3 most awesomely beautiful women of their day. I like to think of it as an earlier, much earlier version of Charlie's Angels. Except instead of fight crime they try to find rich guys to marry. And Monroe was even hotter in Glasses.


Marilyn and Betty Grable.


Movies would be more fun if they still advertised like they used to, no?

And now...


Come to mama.

1 comment:

Sleep Goblin said...

It started snowing in Wisconsin last night. We woke up to ~8 inches. They're anticipating 1-2 inches throughout today, and then starting around 6pm, a blizzard. Yes, they actually said blizzard. We have a full fledged blizzard warning. I'm hoping we get the full 14 inches they're expecting, but mostly, I'm looking forward to the white-out conditions.